Chartered Accountancy is one of the vital profile of every business, whether small or big. CA is recruited in any business for financial planning, accounting, taxation, auditing, and so on. Chartered Accountant course is quite challenging, but at the same time very rewarding. One can only pursue this only if he/she has the eligibility for CA courses in India.
Candidates after completing their class 10th, 12th, or graduation can apply for the CA courses.
The Degree of Chartered Accountancy provided by the ICAI is the reward to work as a professional CA in India.
To pursue the CA courses, it is a must for candidates to fall under the eligibility criteria for the CA course.
Also, the CA online library- CA Wizard guides students to prepare for the CA courses and shows them the right path of becoming a Chartered Accountant.
Thus, read the article to understand well about the eligibility of CA courses in India.
Eligibility for CA Courses in India
The CA exams are conducted by the ICAI (Institute of Chartered Accountancy in India). After clearing all the levels of CA with the required percentage, ICAI provides the degree of a CA. The three levels of the CA professional course include CA Foundation (earlier known as CPT), CA intermediate, and CA final.
To pursue the CA courses, candidates need to check their eligibility for CA courses. Therefore, go through the basic eligibility for CA given below:
- Candidates can apply for the CA courses after the 10th, but they can appear for the exams after completing the 12th board only.
- Commerce students including Science and Arts are eligible for the CA courses.
- Commerce students need to score a minimum of 50% marks in their board exams.
- Science students and Arts students need to score a minimum of 55% marks in their board exams.
- On clearing one level, the candidates ultimately become eligible for the next level of CA.
Eligibility for CA Courses After 12th
To be eligible for CA courses in India after completing 12th, candidates need to fall under the given criteria:
- Candidates must have appeared for class 12th exams from the state board or central board.
- Also, candidates have not missed out on any subject of class 12th exams.
- Whether, optional or main subject, candidates have to appear for both.
- Students of the commerce stream need to score at least 50% marks in the board exams.
- Though, students of Science and Arts streams are required to score a minimum of 55% marks in the board exams.
- Also, students of the Commerce stream with mathematical backgrounds need to score a minimum of 55% marks in the board exams.
Eligibility for CA After Graduation
Well, candidates can even apply for CA courses after their graduation. But, there is an eligibility criteria for CA course after graduation. Given below is the eligibility for CA after graduation:
- If a candidate is a commerce graduate or a commerce post-graduate, he/she needs to score a minimum of 55% aggregates in all the subjects.
- If a candidate is a non-commerce graduate and postgraduate, he/she needs to score a minimum of 60% aggregates in all the subjects.
Candidates pursuing CA after graduation can register directly for the Intermediate level through the Direct Entry Route. After 9 months of registration, candidates can appear for the CA intermediate exams.
How CA Wizard Helps Candidates to Become a CA?
Chartered Accountancy is not so easy course. Throughout the journey of the CA course, candidates need proper guidance. And that’s what CA Wizard provides. CA Wizard acts as an Exam Buddy for all CA students.
- CA Wizard helps with FREE Learning- Though, for joining any CA institutes, candidates need to pay a huge amount. But, CA Wizard is one such online institution where you can have free access to all the required study resources.
- Step-by-Step Guidance- As CA is completely a new course for candidates. Candidates require help. Thus CA Wizard helps candidates from the beginning till the end of the CA journey. It even helps with how to register for the course, how to prepare for the course, provides all kinds of study resources, and many more.
- Provides Reliable E-Resources for the Preparation of the exams- Well, it is very important for students to prepare from reliable e-resources. CA Wizard’s all the study materials are updated as per the ICAI guidelines.
Take Away of the Blog
To summarize, candidates before registering for the CA courses must be aware of the eligibility of CA courses in India. Also, for any guidance required in the journey of becoming a Chartered Accountant, you can take the help of CA Wizard.