Shopping malls have become increasingly popular in India in recent years. They offer a convenient one-stop-shop for all your shopping needs and are usually air-conditioned which makes them a comfortable place to escape the heat of the Indian sun.
Most shopping malls in India will have a range of shops selling clothes, accessories, cosmetics, electronics, and more. Many also have food courts where you can sample a variety of cuisines from across India, as well as fast food outlets if you’re looking for something quick and easy. There are often also movie theatres and amusement parks located within shopping malls, making them a great place to spend a day or evening with family or friends.
Here is a list of some of the biggest and best shopping malls in India:
- Phoenix Marketcity, Mumbai
- Ambience Mall, Gurgaon
- Select Citywalk, Delhi
- Elante Mall, Chandigarh
- Forum Vijaya Mall, Chennai
- Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad
- Lulu International Shopping Mall, Kochi
- Mantri Square mall, Bengaluru
- Raghuleela mall, Vashi
- The Great India Place, Noida
List and Description of 10 Biggest Shopping Malls in India
- Select Citywalk, Delhi – This is one of the most popular shopping malls in India and it is located in the capital city of Delhi. It has a nice variety of stores, a food court, and a multiplex cinema.
- Ambience Mall, Gurgaon – Another great mall in Delhi NCR region, Ambience Mall is known for its luxury brands and high-end stores. It also has a good food court and a multiplex cinema.
- Phoenix Marketcity, Mumbai – One of the biggest malls in India, Phoenix Marketcity is located in Mumbai. It has a wide range of stores as well as a food court and a multiplex cinema.
- Inorbit Mall, Hyderabad – A very popular shopping mall in Hyderabad, Inorbit Mall has a good selection of stores as well as a food court. It also has an amusement park attached to it which makes it perfect for families with kids.
- Forum Mall, Bengaluru – One of the most popular shopping malls in Bengaluru, Forum Mall has all the major brands under one roof as well as a food court and multiplex cinema.
- DLF Promenade, Vasant Kunj – Another great mall in the Delhi NCR region, DLF Promenade is known for its luxury brands and high-end stores. It also has an outdoor area with restaurants and cafes which makes it perfect for hanging out with friends.
Highlights of Each Mall: Amenities, Services, Brands, Activities etc.
- Ambience Mall, Gurgaon:
Located in the posh area of Gurgaon, Ambience Mall is one of the biggest and most popular shopping malls in India. The mall has a huge range of international and national brands, as well as a variety of food and entertainment options. Some of the key highlights of the mall include a multiplex, bowling alley, ice skating rink, and gaming zone.
- Phoenix Marketcity, Mumbai:
Spread over an area of 4 lakh square feet, Phoenix Marketcity is one of the largest shopping malls in India. The mall houses a wide range of national and international brands, as well as a multiplex and food court. The mall also has an amphitheatre which hosts regular events and performances.
- Select Citywalk, Delhi:
Select Citywalk is another large shopping mall located in Delhi. The mall has a mix of national and international brands, as well as a food court with a wide variety of cuisines on offer. The mall also has an amusement park, kid’s zone, and multiplexes to keep visitors entertained.
Comparison Between the 10 Malls
The 10 malls compared in this blog article are:
- Ambience Mall, Gurgaon
- Select Citywalk, Saket
- DLF Promenade, Vasant Kunj
- Pacific Mall, Subhash Nagar
- Ansals Plaza, Nehru Place
- Metro Walk, Rohini
- PVR Anupam, Saket
- MGF Metropolitan, Gurgaon
- City Square Mall, Rajouri Garden
- DT City Centre, Shalimar Bagh
Ambience Mall is one of the largest malls in India with a gross leasable area (GLA) of 1.9 million square feet and over 300 stores. It is located in Gurgaon, a suburb of Delhi. The mall has five floors of shopping and entertainment, with a multiplex cinema on the fifth floor. There are several international brands represented at the mall including Zara, Mango, Gap, Forever 21, and H&M.
Select Citywalk is another large mall in India with a GLA of 1.3 million square feet and over 200 stores. It is located in the Saket district of South Delhi near the Select City Park. The mall has four floors of shopping and entertainment with a multiplex cinema on the fourth floor. International brands represented here include Crate & Barrel, Sephora, Steve Madden, and Zara Home.
DLF Promenade is one of the more popular malls in Delhi, located in Vasant Kunj. It has a GLA of 1 million square feet and over 150 stores. The mall has four floors of shopping and entertainment with a multiplex cinema on the fourth floor. International brands represented here include Tommy Hilfiger, Aldo, Mango, Swarovski, and many others.
Pacific Mall is a mid-sized mall located in Subhash Nagar, West Delhi. It has a GLA of 0.7 million square feet and over 100 stores. The mall has three floors of shopping including international brands such as Charles and Keith, Gap, Zara Kids, Nike, Puma and many more.
Ansals Plaza is an older mall located in Nehru Place near Connaught Place in Central Delhi. It has a GLA of 0.6 million square feet and over 80 stores. The mall has three floors of shopping with international brands such as H&M, Forever21 and Lifestyle stores present at the mall.
Metro Walk is a large mall located in the Rohini district of North Delhi. It has a GLA of 1 million square feet and over 150 stores. The mall has four floors of shopping including international brands such as Adidas.
Tips on Planning a Shopping Trip
- Plan your shopping trip in advance: Decide what you want to buy and where you want to go before leaving home. This will save you time and energy while you’re at the mall.
- Make a list of the stores you want to visit: This will help you stay focused while you’re shopping and prevent you from getting sidetracked by other stores in the mall.
- Set a budget for your shopping trip: Knowing how much you’re willing to spend ahead of time will help you stick to your budget and avoid overspending.
- Dress comfortably: Wearing comfortable clothing and shoes will make your shopping trip more enjoyable and allow you to move around the mall more easily.
- Bring along a friend or family member: Shopping with someone else can be more fun and also helpful if you need assistance carrying out all of your purchases.
We hope you have enjoyed learning about India’s 10 biggest shopping malls and what to expect from each one. Whether you are looking for a luxurious shopping experience, an affordable outing with friends or family, or anything in between, there is something for everyone at these bustling hot spots. From fun activities to signature fashion labels and incredible dining experiences, every mall offers an unforgettable experience that is sure to delight even the pickiest of shoppers!