Finding a kitchen countertop that, in addition to updating kitchen, also boosts the overall value of the home is no less than a mission. As there are enormous options available in today’s marketplace that can change the theme of the whole place. It is no wonder why choosing a suitable kitchen countertop requires enough consideration, as it can single-handedly transform the look of your kitchen. With the use of tiles to build countertops, homeowners use the material to control the ultimate functionality and style of the kitchen. Here I have mentioned a few ways in which a kitchen countertop can change the overall theme of the kitchen.
5 Ways to Boost the interior of your kitchen countertop
Acoording to thenevadaview A kitchen countertop undoubtedly determines how the theme of the kitchen is going to be perceived in terms of color, balance, scale, proportion, and weight. It has a personality of its own. It can be recessive or dominant; all you need to know is what you want.
- Whenever you are visualizing your kitchen countertops, do take into consideration the accessories you are putting on them. Are you going to make that by following the color of your countertops? Or do you want something contrasting with the theme? Also, you can go for a traditional accessory on a modern counter.
- You can choose an intense color that can dominate the texture of your kitchen. It gives a look of personal expression to your kitchen. You can go for a blue or a purple countertop with brown wood. This is something complementary, so you are going to have a decent looking kitchen.
- If you want something neutral, then you can go for shady or grey colored tiles with a turquoise wall cabinet. It will stand out and give a grand design.
- If you have a pure, quiet surrounding with not too bright colors, then a granite material can easily juxtapose, and can quickly become the focal point of the room.
- With a delicate balance of vertical and horizontal surfaces, you can have surfaced with the connecting colors.
- A contrast of white furniture and black countertops can work wonders in your kitchen and give a classic proportion.
- You can also go for a monochromatic theme. It will provide an exceptional, unified, and flowing look. A white counterpart with white furniture can work well to create this look.
- You can also go for the color of your counter surfaces, cabinetry, and tile being connected to give a textures interest. This specific look allows for more significant elements to read as a smaller scale than if otherwise designed, especially if cabinets were dark and counter surfaces were light.
Top 8 kitchen countertop material best suits your kitchen?
Here I have given a few countertops suggestions that you can use in your kitchens. Along with the tips, I have also mentioned the pros and cons and price of each counterpart. So, do read them carefully before buying and also keep into consideration the environment of your family.
Marble: Marble is extremely luxurious but not as durable. The marble tile can be easily etched with lemonade acid. Also, wine or other dark-colored materials can quickly leave marks on it. Some people still buy it as it preserves the spilled wine memories. The price of the installment varies from 80 dollars to 120 dollars per square foot.
Laminate: laminate is not as durable, but it is highly budget-friendly. It is water-resistant and easy to clean and maintain. Spilled wine and other dark-colored juices or liquids do not leave a mark on it. Laminate is composed of plywood or other particular words with the surface of decorative sheets. The price for a per square foot installment of laminate varies from 50 dollars to 180 dollars.
Granite: granite is highly luxurious and is available in a wide range of colors, quality, and designs. The material is also heat resistant, scratch-resistant, and stain-resistant. This provides maximum enjoyment to homeowners as it is highly sealed and maintained. The average price for granite counters varies greatly but ranges from 40 dollars to 200 dollars per square foot.
Quartz: Quartz is a natural and non-porous stone. Unlike graphite, the material does not require sealing. The articles are easy to clean and also resistant to heat, bacteria, water, and stains. There are diverse options for colors available when it comes to buying quartz tiles. Also, it suits busy families best. The average price for a per square foot installment of quartz ranges from 50 to 80 dollars.
Solid surface: These materials require little maintenance and are available in a wide range of colors and patterns, which also includes environment-friendly options. They are non-porous material that gives a seamless appearance. You can also buy them with integrated sink and backwash for extra convenience.
Butcher block: They create a rustic appearance on the surface of your countertops. It gives a natural look to your kitchen with the durability of solid wood. They’re available in a variety of grain types, and also very durable. The average cost of a butcher block varies from 25 to 40 dollars per foot installment, making it a more affordable option.
Concrete: Concrete is a dense material that is often customized with broken glass or stains. It is done to make it appear like another material. The average cost of a concrete installment ranges from 60 dollars to 135 dollars, but the price can be drastically lowered when you pour them yourself.
Metal: In the metal family, one can use stainless steel or copper material for countertops. They are highly affordable but not as durable. Copper is a softer material, so that it may take damage over time. Stainless steel offers the appearance of an industrial or professional style kitchen.