In every outdoor space, personalization helps you a lot in designing it, especially in the case of outdoor kitchens. The overall layout and design of the cookhouse reflect your lifestyle and preferences. It gives a taste of your attitude. By incorporating indoor kitchen ideas into the open-air kitchen will help you in adding versatility, fun, and value to your life. Especially in summers, outdoor activities area so much trending. With an open-air kitchen, you can get a whole new experience of outdoor cooking.
One best thing about the outdoor kitchen ideas is that it is both functional and appealing. Outdoor cookhouses can be as entertaining as a family room and as welcoming as living rooms based on their design. You can have a simple scullery consisting of a grill station, chair, and table, or a complete fitted one with proper built-in appliances and seating arrangements. You can easily set up a simple cooking area in your house, but the outfitted ones require a suitable designer. Fully-equipped cookery is designed by keeping your family preferences. There are a lot of ideas of outdoor galleys that can boggle your mind, so here are a few tips with which you can get started.
Tips for designing an outdoor kitchen ideas
- Design your open-air kitchen based on your culinary tendencies. If you don’t like baking much and most likely you are going to order a pizza, then I would recommend that you should not install the oven as it will be of no use. If you like grilling stuff, then you can go to some tricked out grilling station.
- The essential key to building the foundation of your space lies in the floor layout establishment. In the selection of the material, keep in mind the climate changes and severe conditions that may take place. The weight of installations can be a crucial factor in determining floor material. Flooring like marble or tile can be slippery when it gets wet. Also, the stains are not removable. If your outdoor kitchen is on the deck, then consider renovation and repainting. Besides adding an advanced look, a restoration will also add some durability to space.
- Also, keep in mind the practicality of the area, whether it is designed for older people or for children playing around as the floor has certain practical functions also. Be cautious enough to choose safety material as most of such spaces are located near wet places like swimming pools, etc. so ignore slick or rugged material. The article can also endure grease or other stains.
- You can also add some fire pits as they will give your cookhouse a cozy look. Alsop, the blistering fire, will provide perfect aesthetics to the environment as the daylight starts dwindling.
- Keep in mind the usage before selecting the location for the kitchen if you want a kitchen that will be used occasionally for grilling etc. Then it can be away from the central galley. But if you’re going to use your outdoor cook house frequently, then be sure that it is much closer to the inside cookery as you have to carry heavy utensils and other stuff more often. Make sure to palace the scullery at such a position so that the smoke from the grills can’t waft back into the home. Keep the space at such an angle so that the view from inside the house cannot be blocked. Also, before selecting a location, do make sure the overall; traffic flow of your home to prevent and hazardous events.
- Keeping the appliance is a task that requires full planning. You should be attentive enough, and if you are hiring some designers to do the job, do instruct them carefully. Keep each installed appliance at a considerable difference from the other so that you can avoid some hazardous conditions. Also, you can opt for a working triangle system for your galley that you have designed for the inside one. Do leave space on the counter so that you can comfortably cook without boggling stuff. For an ideal working triangle, place the cooktop, refrigerator, and sink in a triangle position.
- Just like an indoor kitchen, you need enough space for putting the required stuff, but in this case, you should be sensitive about waterproofing, durability, and temperature changes. Countertops and drawers should be space-efficient and avoid cluttering. You can also contrast the countertop colors and floor design for added aesthetics. You can also go for natural to clean and waterproof counters as they are not difficult to maintain. Considering how your kitchen will be used after its completion will help you a lot in decision making.
- Be sure to purchase reliable appliances that can make it through extreme weather. Also, they should be highly durable and require low maintenance. Stainless steel and ceramic material are ideal in such cases as they do not require much maintenance, and they are highly durable.
- Make sure to incorporate such features into your outdoor space that will make your kitchen welcoming and suitable for summer use. You can go for some specialty lighting or comfortable seating that will work well. Try to order a larger table for the outdoor space as it can be used for a buffet. If your space is small, never try to put some extravagant and outfitted cookhouse in it as it will be congested.
- Make your area more enjoyable by placing some pergola roof or umbrella type stuff like a roof. With this, you can enjoy outdoor cooking during the rainy season. Also, for the summer weather, you can add some overhead fans or spray stuff. If the area has mosquito issues, you can consider netting it around.
So, here are a few tips that will help you in making your kitchen a masterpiece as well as a family spot. So best of luck with your outdoor galley plans.